How many types of heart block are there?
There are three types
- First degree heart block manifested by ECG by prolong PR interval without symptoms .
- Second degree heart block has two arms
- Mobitz I or Wenckebach phenomena there is prolongation of PR interval till get drop beat and repeat the cycle.
- Mobitz II PR steady but there is drop beat every few beats this type may develop to complete heart block.
- Third degree complete AV node block which symptomatic and dangerous the patient feels dizzy and may get blackout, by ECG there is complete dissociation between P wave and QRS complex with slow heart rate around 30 /bpm, so the artificial pacemaker is the final solution to protect the patient and let him life normally.