7 easy steps to change the way you sit
Dubai Physiotherapy Clinic - 7 easy steps to change the way you sit
Do you sit behind a desk all day and then spend many hours behind the wheel getting home? Do u always come home exhausted and in pain? Maybe its time to stop and think about your posture. The way you sit at work or in the car. Making small changes can go a long way to alleviate the pain giving you more energy for doing the things you have been putting off because of your pain.
When you are at work you tend to get so much into things that ‘how’ you are doing it doesn’t matter at that point, here are 7 steps that would make a world of difference to your productivity and your mood.
- sit back in the seat so that the entire thigh is supported on the seat and with equal weight on both sides
- Knees should be at ninety degrees and both the feet should be flat on the ground.
- The elbows should be resting on the arm rest at ninety degrees.
- Shoulders pulled back
- Pull your work table or car seat as close as possible so that the arms are in a relaxed position
- The screen should be at eye level so that chin parallel to the ground.
- Use a document holder so it makes its easier to read while typing.
Initially, maintaining these positions may be difficult for more than few mins, as the muscles are weak and unaccustomed to this position. But the good news is, that there are many exercises that can be done to strengthen these muscles making it easier to maintain a good posture. There are exercises which are specific to stretch the tightened muscles and others that emphasise on strengthening the required group of muscles. Core strengthening and balance training programs help maintain good posture.